If we could somehow get that, I mean REALLY get that…wow… things would be so different for all of us.
On the encouragement from my 2nd favorite all time author, Brennan Manning, I’ve been praying the above verse…over and over and over. The spiritual transformation has begun. Brennan tells me that when I begin to take those words personally, VERY personally, a number of beautiful things come to pass:
- The drum beats of doom in you head will be replaced by a song in your heart, which could lead to a twinkle in your eye.
- You will not be dependent on the company of others to ease your loneliness, for He is Emmanuel-God with us.
- The praise of others will not send your spirit soaring, nor will their criticism plunge you into the pit. Their rejection may make you sick, but it will not be a sickness unto death.
- In a significant interior development, you will move from I should pray to I must pray.
- You will live with an awareness that the Father not only loves you, but likes you.
- You will stop comparing yourself with others. In the same way, you will not trumpet your own importance, boast about your victories, or feel superior to anyone.
- You will read Zephaniah 3:17-18 and see God dancing for joy because of YOU!!!! – “He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”
- Off and on throughout the day, you will just know that you are being seen by Jesus with a gaze of infinite tenderness.
Try it with me. I dare you…..